Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Halloween Happenings

Halloween week/weekend were a very busy time for us. We were preparing to have my family come into town for the weekend for trick or treating and Paxton's birthday which is the day after Halloween. The weeks fesitivities began Tuesday night when we carved pumpkins. Paxton wouldn't put his hand in the pumpkin to get the seeds out and soon lost interest in carving them too, so Mommy and Daddy ended up doing all the work. On Thursday night, Pax and I made homeade sugar cookies for him to take to daycare the next day for his birthday. I now remember why I hate making sugar cookies from scratch as it took me quite a while to do all this! Saturday morning is when Auntie Amber, cousin Aiden, Auntie Sarah and Nana Jana came to our house. Pax had been talking about Aiden NON-STOP all week and was so excited to see him. We all went to the pumpkin patch and had a great time, the weather was beautiful and it was not crowded at all! After getting home and taking naps we all got ready for trick or treating. The boys had a great time going around the neighborhood, and I must say they were the cutest little pirate and monkey I had ever seen! All in all, it was a great day with the family. It is so fun to see the 2 boys play together, especially now that Aiden is walking all over and can keep up with his older cousin (he is not even 1 yet but walking like a pro). They are going to be great friends being so close in age, and I can't wait to watch them grow up together.


Pax standing by "his" pumpkin, even though Mommy carved the whole thing.

The finished pumpkins.

Pax decorating his cookies to take to his friends at daycare. What a mess it made!! My sister and I with our boys at the pumpkin patch.

Nana Jana with her grandsons. Love this picture. Auntie Sarah jumpin with Pax on the air pillow.

Mommy and Pax, sissy will be joining us in one month!!! My little pirate, all ready to trick or treat.
The boys in the wagon trick or treating. How cute are they?





















































No comments:

Post a Comment