Monday, November 1, 2010

Letter to my 3 year old son!!

Dear Paxton,

Today you are 3, and I just can't believe it! From the moment you were born you have been my little spitfire. I REALLY wanted a Halloween baby, but wouldn't you know my contractions didn't start till midnight on November 1st (rebelling already). You could be such a good little baby, then at times....well not so much:) You were never a good sleeper until you were almost 2 (now you are a rockstar sleeper), you have always been a great eater (you love salad), and of course you are my little daredevil, sports fanatic, crazy little boy!!! You walked at 7 months, you were talking really well by 14 months, you were hitting a golf ball like it was your job at 18 months, and throwing a baseball by 2 (seriously kid, those are some tough shoes for your sister to fill!!) You are the sweetest little boy, but can also be the sassiest! You love your baby sister and are so good with her. As soon as you wake up in the morning, you come out to the living room with a big smile on your face and give her a hug and a kiss (oh don't worry, I know this will all change in years to come.) Don't worry, I know you are not perfect. You can be the most stubborn little boy!! If you have your mind set on not doing something, YOU ARE NOT DOING IT (I have NO idea where you get this from, seriously, none at all). You think your sister is your own personal football player and think it's ok to tackle her and when I get mad at you, you tell me "but Mom we were playing football!" You have meltdowns that I am pretty sure can be heard in China, and MAN if you wake up in a "mood" everyone better watch out!! (Again, no clue where you inherited this from). You are all boy, you would rather watch Sportscenter than Nick Jr, you love getting dirty, you love any kind of ball as long as you can throw it, kick it, hit it, dunk it,etc. I love you, dirty nails, shirt on backwards (or inside out), hair all a mess, shoes untied, food on your face and all. You are my little man and you have brought some much joy to my life. Happy Birthday Paxton, I love you so much. Don't ever change, I love you just the way you are!!

Love Mommy


Here is a collage of Paxton from all his birthdays (and a couple pics from when he was in my belly). Gah! He was such a cute little fella (well of course he still is) I just wanna go back and squeeze him!!

4 comments:

  1. Tear jerker!! I love you SO much Paxton. You will always be aunt Sarah's baby no matter how old you are! You are the cutest, sweetest, funniest, little boy I know. Happy 3rd Birthday!!!
    Love,
    Aunt Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwww!! Man I freakin love that kid!! can't believe its been 3 years since he was born. Seems like yesterday sarah and i were babysitting him everyday, dressing him up all handsome and taking him to the booty barn. He was our LIFE!! Can't wait to celebrate sunday! LOVE YOU PAXTON DAVID!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You must have figured something different out on the picture with this post because when I click on the pic it enlarges. What a sweet post for Pax! I do love my camera. At times I wish I would have invested in a step up. Really, for casual picture taking of your children it is great. I have purchased a couple of lenses. The lenses really are what impact the quality of the pictures. So, if you buy a camera in a kit with a good lens you are set. My kit was the Nikon D40X with a so-so lens, AF-S DX 18-55mm. I don't think they even sell it anymore in stores like best buy. They have replaced the D40X with the 3000. The following link is similar to what I bought but mine only came with the 18-55 lens and then I got the same additional lens later. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Nikon+D3000+10.2MP+Digital+SLR+Camera+and+55-300mm+VR+Zoom+Lens/9999141500050031.p?id=pcmprd141500050031&skuId=9999141500050031

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, first.. I love the letter!! Such a great idea! =)))))

    Thank you for stopping by my blog! So sweet! I have a NIKON D3000 but use PICASA or PICNIC (which are free programs online) to edit my photos. Check them out!!!

    Have a great day and stay in touch! =)

    ReplyDelete