1. Cooking, as in I have been doing it a lot more lately....and enjoying it!! I have been on Weight Watchers for almost a month now and it's going really well. I cook more often now so that I can control what ingredients I use and how many points the meal is going to be. WW has GREAT recipes that I have been using and I love knowing that I am feeding my kids healthy stuff. However I miss cheese, I love cheese, cheese and I have always been best friends. Don't get me wrong, I can still eat cheese, WW doesn't tell you NOT to eat things, it just teaches you moderation. However cheese is like crack to me so I don't understand moderation and it's best to try to avoid it all together. I do allow myself one WW string cheese a day (which is about half the size of a regular string cheese) and one slice of swiss (bleh) cheese on my sandwich. I swear, swiss cheese is like the beige of cheese....so boring!!!! I will use shredded cheese in some of my recipes, but instead of a whole bag (seriously I used to use an entire bag for most things) I only use 1/4 of a cup (tear tear). I am so close to my first goal weight though, so all this (cheese) sacrifice is worth it. I hope to be to at my second goal weight by my sisters wedding in April...........and if I am, then I am eating the biggest plate of nachos with the processed (yummo!!!) nacho cheese on it (Sarah, you think you could serve THIS at your reception, screw formal dinner, nachos are sooo much classier!!)
2. Kids, they are doing well. Harper is sick (what's new) and I am thinking it's bronchitis. Poor baby has the worst cough, but we have been giving her breathing treatments and antibiotics so hope it clears up. Her blood (yeah she got pricked twice) and nose swabs (4 times) have come back negative for flu and RSV, waiting on the pertussis (whooping cough) one to come back. Hoping and praying it's not that, but she has been vaccinated so it's pretty unlikely that's what it is. Paxton is still loving preschool and basketball. He is one busy little dude. Last Monday he was in Kid Zone in the morning, we came home for lunch, he went to school all afternoon then when it was time to go to basketball later that evening he said "Mom, I don't want to go to basketball, can I just rest here on the couch instead?" He was so tired!!! He has been saying the funniest things lately, here are a few of them:
-I got onto him the other day about something so he picks up his play cell phone and says :
"Nana, can I come over now? Mommy is being mean to me."
then he switched voices to pretend he was Nana and said:
"Sure Paxton come over and play."
then he hung up the phone and says, "Nana said I can come over."
-same day, same play phone:
I was saying something to him and he looks up from his phone and says:
"just a minute Mom!! I am texting Nana!!"
-we were praying the other night at bedtime and he said:
"God likes my words."
-Just today we were in the car and I asked him if he wanted to go to the park:
Pax-"Yeah lets go to the red park."
Me-"which one is the red park?"
Me-"No I don't buddy"
Pax-"Well put it into that thing there (points at GPS) and it will tell you where to go"
There are so many more, I just can't remember them. I need to write them down, I always think I will remember them but hell I can't, I am getting old!!!
3.K-State beat KU.....enough said!!!!! :)
4. Because of #3 I am missing Manhattan more than ever so the kids and I are going there next weekend. I can't wait, I need a Manhappiness fix. Plus I feel like we haven't seen my Dad forever and I really miss him (so does Pax) so we are going to get a Papa Long fix too!
5. Doing another run in April. The Brew to Brew in KC/Lawrence. It's a team run, and you start at Boulevard Brewing Co (in KC) and run to..........uh I can't remember (damn memory again!!) but it's somewhere in Lawrence. There are 7 on my team including Josh!! I am pretty excited to do a run with him, especially one that is fun. He is a little worried about having to run 2 legs of the race for a total of 7 miles, but I know he can do it (I sure as heck am not!!!!) I asked for the shortest, easiest leg because I am DEFINATELY the weakest link.
6. LOVING this warmer weather, I dunno about you guys but all that snow and cold was about to send this Momma and her kids OVER.THE.EDGE. I was THIS CLOSE to sitting in a corner, rocking back and forth, crying and talking to myself (you think I am kidding, I am not). Plus I have a love/hate (mostly hate) relationship with the treadmill and I am ready to start running outside again.
I am sure there is a lot more I am forgetting to talk (uh write?) about, but the kids are killing each other and the screen door is open so I don't want SRS called on me because of their screaming. Gotta skedaddle!!
Here are some pics of the kiddos this last week. Harper had a Valentine outfit for each day (stop rolling your eyes, I know I am borderline obsessed with girl stuff, I am looking into treatment options). I actually forgot to take a picture of one of them, but here are the others.
#2, she was THRILLED to take this picture!
Outfit 4.....the next few photos are the same outfit.
Look who finally decided to let me take a picture of him!! Not just 1, but a few of them!! SCORE!
Valentines that Pax and I made for his class.....lollipop flowers. They had Transformers (shocker) cards attached to the stems.
Cupcakes I made for his class party.....took the rest to work and some to Willies for the girls. If these are in my house they WILL get eaten (by me of course) so I had to remove them ASAP!