Monday, November 7, 2011

Rock N’ Roar!!

Saturday was Paxton’s birthday party.

This was the first year we had a “kid party”.….ya know, one with FRIENDS!!

This is the last year I will do a “kid party” at my house. Too stressful, too small of a space, too much…..period.

EVERY year, I say “oh this year I am just going to do a small party, and not go crazy on decorations or planning. They are kids, all they care about are the presents anyway!” And EVERY year, I go a bit overboard! This year I blame it all on Pinterest. That damn website kept planting little ideas in my head and the next thing I know I am at Party City blowing $100 on party stuff………for a 4 year olds party!! Ridunkulous I tell ya!

Not to mention that my husband saw this party as an excuse to “smoke some shit” (food people! get your head out of the gutter!) so he spent quite a bit at the grocery store. Cha-ching, cha-ching, cha-ching. Geez.

Paxton had fun though. About 10 minutes before the party started, I got texts from 2 different parents saying their kids couldn’t come, so I was SUPER worried that nobody was going to come and I was going to have all these party favors with no kids to take them home. But it turned out well and all party favors got taken home, and the kids seemed to have a lot of fun. I am so glad the weather was “nice-ish” it was a little chilly and pretty windy but the sun was out and as long as the kids had jackets on, they were good to play outside.

bday1

 

bday2

Every year I contemplate ordering a cake and saving myself a lot of time (I CANNOT bake cakes, I LOVE baking but cakes are my nemesis!!) but I like the special touch of baking the kids cupcakes every year for their birthday. So every year I bake 50 cupcakes. Maybe after I take a baking class I can conquer the dreaded cake.

bday3

Made this! Bam!! Hand-stitched………..I REALLY need a sewing machine!!

bday4

 

bday5

 

bday6

 

bday7

 

bday9

bday10

The little archaeologists ready to go on their “Dino Dig!”

bday11

bday12

bday13

bday14

bday15

Dino Egg hunt!

bday16

bday17

bday18

bday19

bday20

bday21

bday22

Uhhhh can you see who Pax might have a little crush on? He followed Addison around all day!

bday23

bday24

 

bday26

bday27

bday28

bday29

bday30

Check out the little girls feet, both are crossed, I die from the cuteness of it!!!

I wanted to get pictures of all the guests who came because one of their party favors was a dino picture frame. I PLAN on getting them printed and sending them with their thank you cards. That’s the plan at least, we’ll see if it ever gets done. Just sayin.

bday31

Briley

bday25

Nathan

bday32

Gavin

bday33

Wyatt

bday34

Aiden

bday35

Birthday Boy!

bday36

Addison

bday37

And of course, Eleanor!

bday38

Hell the party was such a success it caused the earth to move later on that night…….oh wait, no that was just the earthquake we had. Crap, one more thing to add onto my long list of fears. Earthquakes! Who’da thunk it?

Thank you to all of our family and friends who came to celebrate with Paxton. As stressful as it was, it was a great day and we are so happy you all could celebrate with us!!!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment