Saturday, January 7, 2012

Project 52-ONE

1/52  PLAYING:

 

“It is a happy 

 

talent to know

 

how to play”

Harper

I stumbled across this blog and saw a project she did last year (and is doing again this year) called Project 52. It totally inspired me to do something similar.

Basically you take a photo each week and post it on your blog. At the end of the year, you will have 52 photos that capture your year and can be made into a coffee table book. On it!!!!!!

This picture goes along with one of my New Years Resolutions (the ones I never really blogged about, but they are all there in my head). I want to play more with my children.  Many times I watch them play or hear them playing but how often do I actually sit down on the floor and play with them? Not as often as I should.

I am afraid that one day when the kids are all gone, and the house is all quiet (and clean), I will miss their shrieks and all the small toys scattered everywhere (the ones that ALWAYS find a way to get under your feet and cause you to hop around on one foot saying the most ridiculous non-cussing words you can think of). I will miss the dirty floors with cheerios stuck to them, and the tennis shoes thrown carelessly by the front door. I will miss the baby dolls and dinosaurs the crayons and the sippy cups. So now, while I am still living amongst all this stuff, I need to take a deep breath, put down the laundry (or close the laptop) and get down on that messy dirty floor and PLAY with my kids. Because I will miss this when it’s gone.

 

 

 

1 comment:

  1. I just came across her blog too! LOVE her! This is such a cute idea.

    ReplyDelete