Saturday, April 16, 2011

Never a Dull Moment

Warning:Graphic information in this post, read with caution......or just don't read it at all.............I don't care.

Oh what an adventure I had last night with my son. It was about 8:30 p.m. he was going to the bathroom (he does this alone, has been for a while now) and then he was supposed to get in bed so I could come tell him goodnight. All of a sudden he starts crying in the bathroom so I run in there and and he is standing there with his pants down and his "private area" is bright red and purple......the toilet lid had fallen on it (seriously why does stuff like this happen when I am home alone)!!!! I have heard of this happening (in a magazine) and I remember the outcome not being good so of course I am trying hard not to panic as well.

I gently pull his pants back up and run in to google what to do in this situation. I really wanted to just take him to the hospital but decided to just chill out and see what my options were. Well THEN everything on the internet was saying take him to the hospital if the swelling didn't go down cause they would have to insert a catheter to empty the bladder..............AAAAAHHHH!!!!

Luckily the swelling went down and I was able to get him to go to the restroom. I did call my pediatrician and she told me that since he peed that he should be ok, just to monitor him for blood in the urine. He still has a big bruise on it (told you graphic info) and the doctor said it will be tender for a while but he should live and his boy parts should function normally.

So if your a Mom to a little boy, be aware of these dangerous toilet seats lurking in your house. They are vicious, they can cause pain, they can do damage, they can give you one heck of a scare (and a picture in your head you wish you could erase!)


On a lighter note, here are some pics from soccer this week.



Picture Day!


Pax and cousin Delken playing


If these boys are anything like their Daddy's when they grow up....we are in trouble!!







We have a busy (and hopefully accident free) weekend ahead and then Monday morning Josh and I head to Vegas for 4 days!!!

2 comments:

  1. bahahaha. Poor Paxton! Bet he starts leaving the seat up so he doesn't chance doing that one again. Hope he heals ok. Don't want him having a broken wee wee :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And he looks SO cute in his soccer stuff! He's got a pretty cute #1 fan too

    ReplyDelete