Wednesday, December 16, 2009

hangin with the kiddos

Our first week home with Harper was pretty uneventful. Mainly we just hung out at home since it was so cold out and I have been sick. We did take Pax to the Y on Monday night so he could play basketball and burn off some energy. Tuesday night we built a gingerbread house with him, I saw it on my friends blog (thanks Katie) and thought it was such a neat idea. Of course Pax had more fun EATING the candy instead of decorating, but I am pretty sure Daddy had fun doin most of the work anyway. Today was my first day at home without Josh and it went pretty well. I have it easy though since Pax still goes to daycare during the day. We really didn't want to take him out while I was on maternity leave because he is so used to it and didn't want to disrupt his routine. Plus it gives him a chance to go play with other kids. I would love to have him home with me too, but I think that putting him back in after he has been gone for 6-8 weeks would be like starting him in daycare all over again, and that was NOT fun! I sure do miss him during the day though. Harper's one week checkup was today! My pediatricians office is on the 2nd floor, and on the way up I had 3 people try to touch her!!!! Are you kidding me people? I am a huge germ phobe anyway so I was mad, and when they went in to touch her, I swung the carseat away from them and just glared. One was a snotty nosed little girl and her Mom didn't say anything! I just can't believe people have the nerve to do this, especially during a flu season like the one we are having. ANYWAY....her appt went well and she weighs 6lbs 4oz so she has surpassed her birthweight and gained 8 oz since we were discharged from hospital. The doctor was VERY happy about that, as was I. I have been so stressed about nursing and wondering if I was doing it right, if she was getting enough, and if I even was producing enough, but apparently all is well and I must be doing a good job. So I am just going to relax and keep at it. There were a few rough days, but I think we are getting into the swing of things. I am so happy because I really wanted nursing to work with her since I had such a hard time with Pax and ended up only pumping then finally quitting all together at 6 weeks. Hopefully things just continue to get easier and we can keep doing it!



HEAVEN!!!



GREAT GRANDMA EKART CAME TO VISIT!!



SLEEPY GIRL.



HOLDIN SISSY WHILE HE WATCHES CARTOONS.





EATIN ALL THE CANDY WHILE DADDY DOES ALL THE WORK.



HE HELPED A LITTLE BIT.




THE FINISHED PRODUCT...AND PAX'S SMILE THAT HE DOES ALL THE TIME NOW!

1 comment:

  1. WOW, I think Pax (more like Josh) could win some kind of award for his gingerbread house! It's good! That pic of Pax holding Harper is adorable. I can tell he was just rubbing her head and she looks so peaceful in his arms. We're gonna have to keep working on Paxton's smile. At least he's got his eyes open!

    ReplyDelete