Thursday, December 10, 2009

Harper Ellison Hall

We went to the hospital bright and early Wednesday morning. I couldn't sleep so I was up at 4 a.m. Once there they hooked me up to machines, drew blood, started fluids and then we sat around and waited. The more time that went on the more nervous I was getting about the surgery. With Pax I was put completely out cause it was an emergency c-section, so I had no idea what to expect. They came to get me to take me to OR a little after 8:30. I kissed my Mom and sister Sarah goodbye and started the long walk down the hall :) The first thing I saw when I walked into the OR was the table of instruments they would be using on me and my knees almost gave out. They got me all prepped and blissfully numb and let Josh in the room. It was surreal to be awake the entire time KNOWING exactly what was going on behind that curtain. Thankfully everything went smoothly and being awake to hear her first cry was an unbelieveable experience, nobody can ever prepare you for the emotions you feel when you hear it!! I was shocked when they told me her weight, 6lbs 2oz, I thought she was at least 7-7 1/2!!! So she is quite the little gal, but healthy as can be! I was so excited for Pax to meet her but first they took her and I both back to my room so they could monitor me for about 20 min and I could have some alone time with her. FINALLY they gave all my visitors the go-ahead to come in and of course I started crying as soon as Pax came in. It took a minute for him to get over the shock of seeing me in a hospital bed with tubes coming out of my arms and a baby on my chest. However, once he did, he was all about that baby!! Whenever he couldn't see who was holding her he would say "where's my sissy!" I felt very exhausted, sick and sore after this c-section so everyone went to lunch so I could rest. All in all it was a good day and we are so thankful that the surgery went well, and that we have a healthy little girl added to our family. We are truly blessed and thank God daily for all that He does for us!! Here are some pics from the exciting day!













No comments:

Post a Comment