Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Years Resolutions

So I know I still have to do my Christmas day blog, but I NEED to do my resolutions so that I start them and STICK WITH THEM!!

First lets look back at last years resolutions and evaluate how I did.

1. Lose the baby weight, and I did it..........only to gain it back this holiday season. Stupid Christmas cookies and candy.

2. Continue going to Church............check! We are now active members of Trinity United Methodist Church and we still go every Sunday. Pax is in Bible school now during church service so it's great because he gets to learn about Jesus and I have one less kid to watch during church. I am now serving on 2 church committees and I try to volunteer my time (or baking) as much as I can. Pax will even be going to the preschool there a couple days a week starting this month!!

3.Try to be more patient with Paxton.....I remember making this one! I was so overwhelmed, I had a new baby and a toddler who was trying to adjust to having to share the attention of Mommy and Daddy. Plus he was right in the middle of the terrible 2's!! I have become more patient and calm with him, but I think being patient with your children is ALWAYS something that parents need to work on because there is always new challenges that arise in this game we call parenthood.

4. Look into nursing school................I looked into it but never did anything about it. Still something I would like to do one day but might be more realistic once the kids are in school.

5. Be a better wife, mother, sister, daughter and friend to everyone...........uh not sure about that one, I am not the judge of that. My husband, kids, siblings, parents and friends are :)

Now this years resolutions (drumroll please).................

1. Of course the cliched LOSE WEIGHT resolution!!! Seriously Amy, get your butt into gear! I was doing SOOO good over the summer. I was running 3-4 miles everyday and doing bootcamp once a week. I was happy with my weight and toning up, and my clothes were fitting nicely and then.......I got sick this fall, and fell off the bandwagon and haven't been able to get back on it. I signed up to run a 5k at the end of January in KC so I have to start running again!

2. Make more time for myself. Josh has 3 nights off a week, which means 4 days out of the week I have the kids all day and all night by myself!! It's tough, really tough! It's so easy to take for granted that extra pair of hands to help with dinner, bath and bed. Around here it's a one man show most nights. I love staying home with the kids, but I am also human and I get burnt out! My friend Brandi and I have been trying to get together at least once a week and that's been helping A LOT! I just need to stick with it and make myself a priority. It makes me a better mother and wife.

3. Cut coupons. Does this sound silly? It's not, coupons save lots of money! I am just always to lazy to do it. But to quote a friend of mine "never pay full price for anything."

Ok that's it. Only 3 this year but they are all ones that I really need to concentrate on and make an effort to keep. I am being realistic this year and not making a ton of resolutions that I probably won't keep anyway. I am going to focus on myself, my health, my money and of course these little cuties.









No comments:

Post a Comment