Thursday, January 7, 2010

It was a very good day!

Tuesdays are Josh's ONLY full day off, and this Tuesday I was SO ready for him to have a day off. I had been home all weekend (alone) with a sick toddler and a baby, needless to say I was ready for an extra pair of hands and a little bit of a break. We laid around the house all morning and just relaxed. Pax laid down to take a nap on the couch after lunch but never actually fell asleep, after laying there for an hour I asked him if he was ever gonna fall asleep, he said "nope" I said why not, he said "cause I don't wanna" and smiled real big (turd). So I let him get up and we decided to make brownies (Josh was shoveling the snow covered driveway). There is nothing better than baking on a cold winter day!!





"are they done yet Mom"


After the brownies came out of the oven, we packed the kiddos up and headed over to Andover to go to Dillon's marketplace (LOVE IT) to buy crab legs for dinner. Josh and I could spend hours in there, they have an OLIVE BAR....hello heaven!!! We picked up some sushi, cheese stuffed olives, fresh mozzerella, stuff for bruschetta, and of course the king crab legs. Once home, Josh poured me a glass of wine and started working on dinner, THIS is why I love his days off!







this is what Harper was doing .....




Paxton was eating yogurt....



I was drinking this....



and Josh was doing all the work :)


yummy!!



Pax eating crab for first time....gotta dip it in butter first of course!



I cleaned up the kitchen, and Josh got Pax ready for bed. Josh called me into Pax's room and I thought it was so I could say prayers with him and kiss him goodnight, but this is what I found...



Pax was sitting ON Josh reading books!!!

All in all, it was a great day. I cherish those days as a family since we don't have very many. I am a single mother most days/nights of the week and I never take our time together for granted.

3 comments:

  1. YUMMO!!! I have never had crab legs but they look amazing!! I am so happy Harper is starting to fit into her bows (Ask Derek, I just got really excited when I saw that pic). Pax looked like he had a blast baking with you and eating the crab. I LOL when I saw the pic of him eating the actual leg and sitting on Josh. Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww my sweet baby girl is SO CUTE! She's wearing the outfit i got her!! What a FUN day, SO jealous of the crab legs!! Pax sitting on josh is hilarious, and josh just reads away like no big deal. ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read this yesterday and then made trav take me out for crab legs....i blame you :)

    ReplyDelete