Thursday, December 8, 2011

Happy Birthday Harper!!

I am also blogging over here today!! Ashley asked me to do a day in my life (aren’t you SUPER excited for that?) so go over to her blog and check out that post.

Harper turns 2 tomorrow!!! 2 going on 16!! It seems like yesterday that I wrote this post the night before I went to the hospital to have her and this post about her birth. Where does the time go? 

What is Harper like these days?

dec19

She is finally talking more!! She can communicate pretty well with us, which is nice because it was so frustrating when she couldn’t/wouldn’t talk and we had no idea what she wanted. Her favorite saying this week is “I go Papa’s house?” she even said as we were LEAVING PAPA’S HOUSE!! Like literally we had just walked out the front door. Also she has learned to say “pretty please” she will use it if we tell her no, like if she adds “pretty” onto please then we will let her do/have/eat whatever it is she is asking for. Sorry sister, doesn’t work that way, but kudos for the cuteness of it!!

dec1

She loves drawing and if you ask her what she is drawing it’s always “a puppy……..no a titty tat (kitty cat)…….no a puppy.” I would love to be in her mind to see how that little thing works.  She also loves puzzles, she will spend an hour doing the same puzzle over and over (boring!!)

dec24

Her hair……….it’s a mullet………….but on the plus side it fits in ponytails!! Josh brought her to my work yesterday to drop her off and she had pulled her ponytail out and was rockin’ a mohawk. She straight up looked like Jim Carrey from How the Grinch Stole Christmas!! Note to self:  start carrying around hair bands for emergency mullet/mohawk situations!!

dec4

She is potty trained!!! Yeah still can’t believe that has happened already. She is even sleeping in underwear for naps and bedtime, and is always completely dry when she gets up. Yes I realize how lucky I am, believe me I thought she was going to be 10 before she was potty trained because she is so stubborn!

dec27

If she is happy, she is so good but if she is mad………..yikes, watch out!! She can throw the mother load of fits, girlfriend is DRA-MA-TIC! She is not afraid to fight back either, she doesn’t take any crap from anyone!! She is one tough cookie, I think this is from having a big brother around that picks on her. She can be a bit of a bully and I hope we grow out of that phase SOON! I want my kids to be tough but I don’t want them to be mean!! There is a big difference………right now she is mean. We’re workin’ on that.

Day in the life pics 052

This is actually her throwing a fit. No clue what it was about, probably food. She threw herself on the floor and kept crawling away from me every time I went to pick her up (we were late for work!)

All diva-ness aside, I love having a girl. I love dressing her in cute clothes (I’m sorry boys clothes are just not as fun!!) and putting bows in her hair and buying her dolls. I am a total sucker for all that stuff!!

dec11

Gah!! Cheese!!!!!!

Harper Ellison,

You may have been a bit of a surprise, but you have added so much life and laughter in our home. You keep us on our toes on a daily basis and annoy your brother all the time, but we wouldn’t change you for the world.

We love you so much baby girl, thank you for making our days brighter and our lives fuller with your smile, kisses, and personality!! You were the missing link in our family and now we are complete. I hope you are always spunky, and independent and that you always love your brother as much as you do now and that you always know that no matter where you are or what you do in life, Daddy and I will always love and support you. Happy Birthday Little Miss!!

dec9

 

dec47

 

dec5

dec49

PS- You can stop growing up now mmmmk?

1 comment:

  1. Loved your guest post. I never knew you were so INVOLVED in so many different organizations! You make me feel like a slacker :) Happy Birthday to your cutie pie! Also, your family picture is super cute.

    ReplyDelete